this app sounds like a 13 year old girl
realising that we’re almost halfway through the year 2013 and i have literally achieved nothing
realising that you’re reading this almost halfway through 2014 and still haven’t achieved anything
THIS SHOULD BE ON EVERYONE’S BLOG.
Troye, i’ll thank you privately sometime in the future
No need to thank me Julzy! The dude’s a knob.
Should’ve replied with “so will you”
For those interested in watching livestreams from the Gamescom 2014 conferences, here’s what I’ve found:
Microsoft — August 12
5AM PST / 8AM EST / 1PM GMT /2 PM CET
Xbox Live’s Twitch app
(Looks like DA:I will make its most prominent appearance with EA, where it’s listed in the headlines.)
Rest in Peace, Robin Williams.
July 21st, 1951 - August 11th, 2014
Thank you for bringing joy into my childhood and life with your voice and acting. Thank you for your contagious jokes, your wacky impersonations, and amazing acting. Thank you for making my childhood experience better, and thank you for bringing joy to those even though you battled with your own joy. If only you could have known how much you’ve impacted people. Your life work will live on, and you will never be forgotten. I know I won’t forget you. Thank you for helping me whenever I felt sad and having a film for every mood. Gone, but never forgotten.
8-Bit South Park!
The anons were right with their definition of feminism. What they are supporting and actually doing does not stick to that definition. Why is that so hard to understand for some?
Maybe feminism has changed. Maybe youre wrong. Ever consider that? What are feminists doing to help men at all? Nothing. What are they doing to hurt men? EVERYTHING. Show me feminists supporting and helping men. Do it.
Actually there’s a lot.
Like trying to get rid of male stereotypes.
Saying that a feminine male is not weak.
Saying that being a male virgin doesn’t make you a loser.
Saying that if a straight male wants to hold their straight or gay male friends hand than it’s perfectly okay and shouldn’t be looked down upon.
That trans*men are real men.
And if a straight male does or likes anything “feminine” does not make them any less of a man.
That not all men rape.
That yes indeed woman rape too.
I’m okay with you even if you still think feminism is bad, but can you at least appreciate people who are anti-misandrist and anti-misogynist who identify is feminist?
People who do call themselves feminists and hate men are not feminist in my eyes.
SHOW ME THINGS THAT FEMINISTS HAVE ACTUALLY DONE. THEY HAVE ACTUALLY GONE OUT AND HAD LAWS CHANGED. THEY HAVE LOBBIED AGAINST MEN! THEY HAVE FOUGHT TO HURT MEN AND BEAT THEM DOWN TO LESS THAN DIRT!!
Father’s rights group want shared parenting (equal custody) to be the default if both parents want custody and neither parent is unfit. They feel that men should not be punished for being men, and that women should not be awarded custody to their kids simply for being women. Currently women are awarded primary custody almost all the time, even if the husband was the stay-at-home Dad and the woman was the breadwinner.
Feminists fought against this. You can read NOW’s own statement here. Also note their usage of anti-male lies, i.e. “fathers are abusive, don’t give them custody.” That is from 1997, but still remains valid today.
Men want protection against false rape allegations. They feel that a man’s life should not be ruined simply on the allegation of a woman who may be a vindictive liar. Currently, a woman can accuse a man of rape for no reason, and the man’s name is splashed in the paper and his life is ruined. So, they fought for laws granting men anonymity until charged with the crime of rape—not convicted, just charged.
“The London Feminist Network is a campaigning organisation uniting London based feminist groups and individuals in activism.”
Men want an end to the justice system favouring women simply because they are women, and giving men harsher sentences simply because they are men.
Men want equal treatment when victims of domestic violence, and to not be arrested for the crime of “being male” under primary aggressor policies.
Feminists fought against this by trying to suppress evidence showing that half of domestic violence is done by women, by threatening the researchers with bomb threats, death threats, etc. Modern, younger feminists are doing it as well.
And sadly, they were successful in this effort of propaganda. For decades, and continuing today, violent men are (rightfully) convicted and punished by the state, while violent women are left to freely terrorize and harm their partners.
Men want female rapists to be arrested, charged, and convicted with rape. In Western countries, women are rarely punished when raping men, due to the biased legal system. In some countries, women cannot be punished when raping men, since rape is defined as a male-perpetrated crime.
Feminists fought against this in India, arguing that “there is a physicality [in] rape” and that it would make things “more complicated for judges.”
Feminists fought against this in Israel, claiming that changing the law would result in men filing false rape claims.
Men don’t want to be thrown in jail because they lost their jobs and temporarily cannot pay child support.
Feminists fought against this, trying to lower the amount to $5000 before a man is guilty of a felony for not paying child support. If a man loses a decent-paying job, he will now be a felon, go to jail, lose his right to vote, AND be unable to find future jobs—if he cannot regain an equal-paying job within a few months.
Men want equal economic support and help from the government. When the recession hit, male-dominated fields like construction lost millions of jobs, while female-fields like education and healthcare gained jobs. So the government proposed an economic stimulus for those fields.
Feminists successfully fought against this, arguing that it was discrimination to support men, and caused the government to give money to women who didn’t deserve it. Hundreds of professional feminists complained against the “sexism” of helping men (who had lost jobs) and not women (who had gained jobs).
A representative of the Michigan National Organization for Women testified in opposition to the Revocation of Paternity Act, which stopped the old law which stated that if a woman was married and cheated on her husband, the resulting child is considered to be legally the husband’s and the biological father had no legal rights to fight for custody or parenting time with his biological child.
As you can see, the claim that feminism fight for men’s rights is a blatant lie. Don’t believe any feminists that say that. Feminists fight for women’s rights. That is a good thing. Feminists also are happy to harm men’s rights, as shown above. That is a bad thing. Feminism is about female privilege, not equality.
Some may argue that these cases of feminists harming men is not “representative” of feminism. I ask you: Are there any cases of feminists helping men? No. Yet, there are many cases of feminists harming men.
It is reasonable to conclude from these facts that feminism fights to harm men.
This info is from draumbouy
Violent crimes? Only a few examples. One of which is their violent protest against Warren Farrell when he spoke in Toronto: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iARHCxAMAO0
Another would be this mob of pro-abortion Feminists in Argentina: http://www.lifesitenews.com/horror-mob-of-topless-pro-abort-feminists-attacks-rosary-praying-men-defend.html
Feminists disrupt a forum for battered men: http://youtu.be/qodygTkTUYM
Tumblr users sarah-bunny and feminism-is-your-friend harass and DOXX an Asexual rape victim: http://dontneedfeminism.tumblr.com/post/78589971327/abbeyxmae-serebrii
Tumblr user manhatingfeminist tells a user to kill themselves: http://dontneedfeminism.tumblr.com/post/78734991790/you-need-to-kill-yourself-lol
Tumblr user musemorplsunerd defends a woman who raped an 8 year old boy: http://dontneedfeminism.tumblr.com/post/81918411593/you-do-realize-that-8-year-olds-cannot-give-any-kind-of
many feminist leaders were borderline genercidal. In fact Valerie Solanas, who helped to shape modern patriarchy theory, and who’s writing is still taught today in womens studies classes, not only attempted to assassinate Andy Warhol, but also wrote a book called the S.C.U.M. Manifesto (or feminist Mein Kompf), which was about gendercide, and she is still hailed as a feminist hero to this day. this book is still used in womens studies classes despite the fact that it proposes reducing the male population to 10% and using them for breeding purposes.
men actually have less rights than women. men are also demonized as rapists due to unequal rape laws that favor women. when you analyze the situation you’ll find that women rape almost as often as men (about 40% of rapists are women) and men are raped just as often if not more than women.
In 2008, a law was passed in England and Wales that allowed long-term domestic violence victims who killed their abuser to be charged with the lesser charge of manslaughter, but this only applies to women.
In California and Montana, a woman can name any man she likes as the father, he gets a letter in the mail, if he does not prove he isn’t the father within 30 days he is now the father and must pay. He cannot contest it. And DNA tests to prove paternity are not considered proof by the courts.
Women who falsely accuse a man of rape, who would be sent to prison for 10+ years if convicted, only gets fined or a slap on the wrist.
There is also the gender bias in the Probation Departments:
A higher score on the Probation Assessment Tool (PAT) means a recommendation that could lead to eventual dismissal of charges. A lower score means probation or lockup, not to mention the juvenile delinquent tag. [Judge] Hunt claims PAT routinely rewards girls with 14 extra points for gender alone, while boys get 0.
Then there are studies that show women who fail to pay child support are incarcerated only 1/8th as often as men with similar violations.
Men who are falsely accused of rape can have their names published and their lives ruined even if they are not convicted or charged - their accuser is protected and is likely to face no punishment, or a light one.
- Feminists skewed the Definition of Domestic Abuse, resulting in only male abusers being arrested and female abusers not.
- Feminists’s DV training hurts Police training
- Feminist Mary Koss denies male rape victims.
- Feminists violently protesting against Warren Farrell at U of Toronto
- A mob of feminists at a recent protest attacking and sexually molesting a group of Rosary-praying Catholic men who were peacefully protecting the cathedral in the city of San Juan from threats of vandalism.
- Feminists disrupt a forum for battered men
- Feminists fought a law for equal custody to be the default if both parents want custody and neither parent is unfit. Multiple times.
- Feminists started a campaign against Father’s rights groups
- Feminists fought against laws granting men anonymity until charged with the crime of rape—not convicted, just charged.
- Feminists fought against a law to end to the justice system favoring women simply because they are women, and giving men harsher sentences simply because they are men.
- Feminist fought against men want equal treatment when victims of domestic violence, and to not be arrested for the crime of “being male” under primary aggressor policies.
- Feminists in India and Israel fought against female rapists being arrested, charged and convicted of rape.
- Feminists fought against a economic stimulus for male-dominated job such as construction, etc.
- Feminist fought a law against Paternity Fraud.
- Feminist Harriet Harman has publicly requested employers to hire women in preference to White men if both job candidates are equally
- Equality Minister,feminist Patricia Hewitt, was found guilty of breaching the Sex Discrimination Act by “overlooking a strong male candidate for a job in favour of a weaker female applicant”.
- Elected in 2009, the lesbian feminist prime minister Johanna Sigurdardottir has vowed to “end of the Age of Testosterone
- Feminists want to peeing while standing illegal
- Erin Pizzey had to flee the UK because she and her family received death threats and her dog murdered all because feminists didn’t like that she discovered women were equally as violent as men.
- Also Suzanne Steinmetz and her children received death threats and bomb threats she discovered that the rate at which men were victimized by domestic violence was similar to the rate for women.
- Richard Gelles and Murray Straus have all received death threats from feminists, simply for publishing their findings (that female-to-male family violence was equal to the rate of male-to-female violence).
- Feminists defend female raping minor.
- Feminist defends why fucking an 8 year old boy isn’t rape.
- Most feminists backed studies are bullshit.
- Beyond reasonable doubt doesn’t apply to rape.For men only
- Feminist changes mind on rape culture when her son is falsely accused.
- Feminists primary aggressor clause discriminates against males.
- Feminists cover up female domestic abuse stats.
- Jezebel mocks men who are abused.
- Feminists make sure the gov doesn’t spend money on male shelters or male research.
- Feminists prevent a meeting about male suicide.
- Feminists stage mock murders to scare men.
- Feminist attacks male cartoonist and is hailed a hero of feminism.
- Feminists shut down forum for battered husbands.
- Propaganda campaign against male fathers wanting custody.
- Feminists wish to slander accused names before convicted.
- Try to shut down female prisons.
- Create rape laws that exclude female rapists.
- Make it impossible to charge women with rape.
- Feminists against equal custody.
- Female felons should serve home sentences.
- Told judges to be lenient on women.
- Feminists cover up female domestic violence.
- Feminists don’t want the gov to help unemployed men.
- Feminists launch campaigns to help girls only while boys are doing worse in every facet of education.
- Males who were raped as a child still have to pay child support.
- Women should have the right to put a child up for adoption before the father gets custody.
- Feminists against beyond reasonable doubt when it’s male rapists.
- 5 rights feminism ignores for men.
- Feminists blame males for their abuse.
- The primary aggressor clause where only men get charged with abuse.
- Shame men into going to war.
- Feminists dismiss female child rapists.
- Feminists say men can’t talk about domestic abuse.
- Feminists mock a man who has his dick cut off.
- feminists attack church.
- Feminists shut down a festival about gender equality for including men.
- Feminists hope MRA’s die.
- Feminists against fathers day.
- Feminist makes up fake assault stories.
- Female reporter bullied by feminists at the National Young Feminist Leadership Conference
SHOW ME SOMETHING POSITIVE THEY HAVE ACTUALLY DONE, NOT SAID, BUT ACTUALLY DONE AND I WILL TAKE YOUR ASS SERIOUSLY!! AND I WANT MORE GOOD THINGS THAN THE BAD THINGS I HAVE LISTED HERE OTHERWISE YOU HAVE PROVEN NOTHING TO ME!!
Reading shit like this you’d swear there was only one branch of feminism and that being a feminist means you live by the SCUM manifesto. Movements evolve and branch out. It’s also very easy when you have an army of angry cishet dudes and women determined to prove they’re “not like those women” to scour the internet for examples that suit your case - but the truth is that biases against women are far too innumerable to collect as exhaustively as this. It’s also very hard to see men an oppressed gender when they occupy the vast majority of wealth and positions of power the world over. If THEY have problems, then they need to use their institutional power to fix them. Not feminists.
And as a general retort: Name one thing MRAs or “Egalitarians” have actually done.
Also can I point out one thing? The majority of the “hate mail” this person is getting for being anti-feminist are basically just telling her that her definition of feminist is wrong. The hate mail feminist blogs get are rape threats and general misogyny.
The majority of examples here aren’t coming from the majority of feminists. Yes, even mainstream feminism has a problem with trans exclusion. But please, as a cis person, don’t use that against feminists, in my name. I’d rather ally with the trans-insensitive feminists than you guys because at least they genuinely care about oppression on some level and I’m more confident they’ll eventually “get it”.
I don’t believe for a second you give a crap about my issues. Whereas feminists, with the right coaxing, will and do.
So let me just shorten up your reply
>Feminists have blocked MRA’s and Egalitarians from doing shit, see this is why you’re useless.
>The hate mail (that many of us send ourselves) is worse than yours as i that has anything to do with anything
>You dont really care i dont care if you do care i dont think you care so you dont care
What has Modern Feminism DONE, not said, DONE, that has benefitted BOTH Women AND Men?
1.) Because I can give you a shit ton of sources of what Feminists have done, starting with Feminists saying that Women’s Prisons should be closed down.
Oh Christ, Not This Asshole Again
Ahh yes, The dreaded school. When it comes around we all dread, new teachers, new schedule, some new unfamiliar faces, the MASSIVE amount of homework load, less time on tumblr. Here is another long post with a few sites and others to help you out here!
- Advice on college
- Alternatives to buying expensive textbooks
- AP Cram Packets
- Cheat sheet for becoming an adult
- Dorm room survival
- Free online college classes
- How to survive college masterpost
- cheap & healthy snacks
- chocolate muffin in a mug tutorial
- Coffee recipes to help stay awake
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty FTW
- For the vegans
you bad ass motherfuckers
- macaroni cheese / mac&cheese in a cup
- quick and easy soup recipes
- study snacks
- Study snack
- thousands of quick and easy snack recipes
- Yummy cheesiness!
- 40 on-the-go breakfast recipesHelpful sites:
- Challenge your brain
- Feed the hungry while using your vocabulary
- Free online textbooks
- Grade calculator
- Rape Escape
- Whole page dedicated to studying/organizing
High school needs:
- For Juniors or Seniors With Low Income Families Looking For Scholarships
- How to survive freshman year
Mental health resources:
- a website that is always relevant.
- falling asleep tips
- How long to sleep
- how to talk to and help an anxiety-ridden friend
- how to wake up in the morning
- keep taking your mind off of it
- mental illness recovery tips
- need a motivational speech? i like this one for myself.
- not having a good day? :c
- picking up a hobby can relax you during the school year!!
- seriously just please try to relax ily
- take your mind off of it
- tips on self-love
- when to go to sleep/wake up
- working out is a total stress-buster.
- download free books
- express yourself with make-up
- Hobbies masterpost
- I fucking love to study to this.
- please remember this.
- Sick ass movie list
I have more but, this is a school one so message me for more.
- Sites to help you not get distracted with other sites. (Mac)(PC)
- Various ways to where a scarf
- What’s the fucking weather
- calm/nature sounds
- chill playlist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- concentration playlist
- study playlist
- 4hours of classical music
- An already typed essay at your fingertips(type the subject and press random stuff and an essay forms. TO KIND OF HELP)
- bibliography maker
- educational links fucking galore
- my favorite tutoring website
- online ruler
- pull an all nighter but do well on your exam
- Social media citing
- study like a college kid
- Time Management
- Psychology Lectures by a Professor from Yale University
- compliments generator
- how long to nap
- go to a quiet place
- learn more about anxiety.
- panic and anxiety information masterpost
- Relaxation techniques
- Stress Analyst
- the thoughts room
- take a guided relaxation
- yoga poses
- Best place to get help for English
- essay structure guide
- essay writing help
- free microsoft word alternative
- Grammar and spell checker
- Graphic Essay Organizer
- Help on reading/researching
- Make a kick ass essay
- Masterpost of writing software
- microsoft word equivalent
- more essay writing help
- On books you you don’t want to read
- Tip of my tongue
- calculators (includes graphing, geometric, stats etc)
- College/high school Chemistry notes
- math problem solver (2)
- Periodic Table
- This is the math god
- Answers to the textbook
- Beneficial studying tips
- Crash course in any subject with John Green
- Free Educational resources for anyone and everyone
- help in a ton of subjects
- Helps you in any subject
- homework help
- how to google
- how to study, Study guide
- finals survival guide
- improve your studying skills
- Learning Websites Masterpage
- Looking for a word
- make flash cards
- One of the best learning websites
- Tips before/during an exam
- Tips on Exams
- Remember that today’s day in age is different from how it was back then. So don’t stress about school too much.High school students today have the anxiety of what a mental patient in the insane asylum had in the 50s. Here’s also a thing to show how times have changed.
- Prioritize. List what needs to get done first and when. Sometimes getting the bigger/harder tasks is easier than conquering the smaller/easier tasks.
- Set times when certain projects need to be done and stick to that deadline.
- Turn your phone off or give it to your parents while doing work/studying. I know that we live in the age of technology and literally everything is at the touch of our fingertips. Honestly though you can wait on what your favorite celebrity has to say or if your crush liked your instagram photo. You’ll be more involved in that than you are into your work.
- If you have trouble in a certain subject and there is no assigned seating, take advantage of the front. I guarantee you’ll learn more.
- Ask your teacher what exactly you’ll need to know. If you’re taking notes during the year, write in the margins whether or not it will be tested. It will be easier to know what you will be tested on.
- Save your exams. Half the time your teachers use the same questions (or questions similar) from your exams on your midterms or finals.
- Don’t try to do homework straight afterschool if you can’t, despite what everyone says. Give yourself an hour, and try to get some exercise in. I find it stops me getting bored of sitting down. Not to mention helps me concentrate better.
- Don’t just read the material, write it, draw it, recite it, quiz yourself on it! Until you have the material down.
- Join clubs, sports, or organizations! You’re guaranteed to find friends in there. You’ll already have common interests. Start with that and go with the flow.
- College kids: If you don’t have assigned seating, and you have been sitting in the same seat for 2 weeks. That is you assigned seat now. Don’t move or you’ll screw everyone up and they will hate you.
- Color code things, such as your notes.
If you want to see how I color code my notes message me and I’ll be happy to show you.
- Be kind to one another.
I think that about does it. So yeah:)